Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Why me?

Yup its the same old question!And another article on this cliche of a topic. But no matter how much time i have wasted over this question i have never been able to come up with a satisfactory answer to reason with it. Only recently i realised that the answer to it is pretty simple.

It is me who decides why it has to be me.

After almost every situation which had me on my back to the wall, i would end up wih this question ringing in my head. Whether it would be staying up at night and staring at the wall, or having a friend call at night and ask to go to ashram road, or have someone call up at 2 AM and ask me to play master of puppets for her (this had been by far the wierdest request!), or any of those countless situations i can think of, instead of trying to think rationally , all i ever ended up was with a "WHY ME?" and then sit and speculate. Speculating, and not greed, i must say is the root of all evil.

But then couple of nights back while again echoing the question over another situation, i finally realised it had always be my decision to get into the situation. It was my decision to sniff the powder, my decision to take the fight, my decision to love someone etc etc. In short it had always be my actions who would put me in all those situations. Okay yaa maybe a few situations were not in my hand, but 95.6% (yes i calculated that number that night)of what i remember, it was always me jumping into things before reconsidering. Sometimes its great to do things for the thrill of it but then i guess we shouldnt end up asking the inevitable when things go bad.

Anyways my preaching here is done.And as i head back to the unresolved issue at my desk i just sit and ask one question"Why Me?"
Take care friends.

3 comments:

NRkey Menon said...

2 Am : master of puppets. Haven't yet stopped laughing on that one!!!

Yeah but the "Why me!" comes up pretty frequently as for me too.
The next thing i usually try to say is, "What the f**k anyways!" :D

Aanshi said...

so at the end of the story,for wateva happens with you, you r @ the source of it..[:P]

Merc said...

@AJ
dont laugh on my misery :p..

@aanshi
i m source of things happening to quiet a lot of others too.. ;)